CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

International Blogger!

So. . . it's official . . .I finally have a place to post my life! Amy had been at me for a while to do this and I told her if she would set it up for me, I would do it. In the meantime, Sarah also felt the need and got me going. Thanks Sarah! I expect it will take me some time to figure out how to do it, but then everyone can keep up with me! I know I am not the best at "keeping in touch", so perhaps this is the best way to do it.

I returned the beginning of this week from Blackpool, England. I was there for the Open British Championships. While these are not the world championships, where only two couples from each country are allowed to compete, this event has become the dancers world championships since anyone and everyone is invited to compete. In one event there were over 500 couples from around the world. My time is spent mostly watching and staying up on the current gossip. Which leaves a lot of free time. UNFORTUNATELY, Blackpool is like the armpit of England. It is typical England overcast, grey, rainy, cold plus dirty, nasty, boring and full of ugly people. I know that sounds harsh, but if you had to spend over a week there, you would have the same opinion. Strangely enough, it has one of the most beautiful, and largest, ballrooms I have ever seen. So for one week a year, the town is full of beautiful people.

There is a Starbucks there now, so many hours were spent there drinking and talking to pass the time. This year I was with all four of my bosses. The two guys from Dance Beat and then my boss and his boss from Arthur Murray. Good thing I had no desire to go wild there. I had a great time as always with Keith, Didio, and this year Tom at our nightly dinners and then into the ballroom. I've posted some pictures of my time there. The USA had a stellar year and won the Professional Team Match for the first time ever in over 40 years!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

OK next time you are going to the UK you better tell us. Derek