CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Since the last time I wrote . . .




Since the last time I wrote...here are some details of my comings and goings...

New York City - spent 5 days in the 'city that never sleeps' and that was pretty much me. I enjoyed my morning jogs as usual across the Brooklyn Bridge and took the subway up to Times Square on one of my breaks on the 4th of July. Lots of people in Time Square on a holiday like that! The weather was quite pleasant while I was there and it was welcomed. Miami is headed into hurricane season which means hot and humid. The event was well attended and high caliber as always. One of my favorite of the year!

Irvine, CA - home for a week then off to So Cal, such a highlight of my year. I love the weather, the smell, the atmosphere, everything. This was an Arthur Murray event and one that I didn't have any direct responsibilities at, except to be a corporate face. So I had plenty of time for my regular jogs around UCIrvine, trips to SouthCoast Plaza for shopping, a pedicure, laying at the pool, and lunch at Rubios Baja Grill (something I really miss!) I had fun with friends here and pursued a little extra 'friend' time with one of my 'favorites'. =-)

Washington DC - home for 1 day then off to the nation's capitol for another Arthur Murray event, one I had complete responsibility for. The annual VIP Club was at the Four Seasons hotel in Georgetown, so I didn't mind spending 6 nights in a suite there. As this is an incentive vacation for our attendees, my responsibilities at the event are to make sure everyone has a VIP experience, thus I get one as well. Not too hard of work! My mom joined me and was treated to a little VIP exerience as well. It was great fun to have her along to enjoy all the sightseeing and free time I had, not to mention all the little tasks she helped me do as 'work'.

San Francisco - Home for 2 days then off to San Fran for a competition. Nothing really spectacular here, I saw the inside of a hotel, that's about it. The hotel is right on the bay so I did get to run along the water and watch the planes land. And it was cold! In the 60s! Which made for a nice run, but a little chilly in my Miami running gear. I did get to enjoy an In-N-Out burger there, that's worth mentioning! And I did get to see my 'friend' again as he lives there.

Houston - Home for 4 days then off to Houston to see George Straight with my dad. Since everyone else was out of town, it was just he and I and I convinced him to go to the outlet mall for me before heading to the concert. Of course that also meant a great Texas BBQ lunch at the Texas Roadhouse before hand. We missed Julianne Hough, the first act, because it took us so long to get into the stadium to park, and only saw a few songs by Blake Shelton, but Sugarland was really good, a welcome surprise, and then of course Gorgeous Georgous was so amazing. What a legend. It was a long night, but so fun!

Las Vegas - Home for a 10 days then off to Vegas for an event where it was 110 degrees. Actually my runs there were so nice, even though it was like 90 degrees at 6am, the dry heat was so much easier to run in and didn't zap my energy like the weather at home is doing. I never started work until after noon each day here so I got to lay at the pool in the morning each day and enjoy some peace. The event was quite nice and easy, although there were late nights. Which meant on the very last night there was no sleep at all since I had a 6am flight.

I've been home now for a week but head out tomorrow again. With a few days at home now and then I've seen about 10 movies in the theater, watched the final season of Prison Break, and done too much shopping. Along the way I am also working like crazy! A busy season is coming up, not only for traveling for me, but also in the office, so expect me to be a little crazy. It's all good though, I'm not complaining about it all, someday I will want to slow down, but I guess it's not today!

Up next... So Cal, San Antonio, Tokyo, Hawaii, Mexico City, Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, Utah, Ohio...all before Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Loni said...

You must be the most traveled person I know! I'm glad all of your trips/work were a success! I to share a deep love for Rubios. We used to have one in Provo then they up and moved to SLC, but I do take every opportunity to stop by when we can. Fun to hear all of your travels!

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

I feel tired just reading about all of your flights. I guess you are alone though and sitting in First Class so how "hard" can it be. There are some cute pictures of you and Suzanne!